Shared from the 7/17/2018 Caulfield Glen Eira eEdition

Busy mum in full retreat from daily pressures

Picture

Vikki Friedman with her sons Hugo, Milo and Luca.

Pictur Luis Enrique Ascui

An Elsternwick mum is using her experience of anxiety and depression to help other busy parents.

Vikki Friedman knows the effects the daily grind can have, as she juggles life with raising her boys, aged 13, 11 and 8.

The seemingly never-ending washing, cooking and driving, coupled with her history of mental health battles, drove Ms Friedman to turn to annual wellbeing retreats to keep her mind in check. But the entrepreneur didn’t stop there and created METreat last year, offering regular retreats for other mums at two Victorian venues. She’s now been nominated for this year’s AusMumpreneur Awards and says it’s been a steep learning curve since starting the business. “I wanted to change my lifestyle to a more balanced and healthy one,” Ms Friedman said. “I now think about (the business) from the minute I wake up till the moment I fall asleep.

“I have (also come) to the realisation that only about 20 per cent of my time is spent doing the thing I love — running retreats — and the other 80 per cent is spent doing marketing, sales and administration.”

The retreats are at Amarant Retreat in the Yarra Ranges and Continental House Retreat in Hepburn Springs.

metreatretreats.com

See this article in the e-Edition Here